One-Year Training Program for Professionals
One Year Training Program for Professionals
This program is designed for professionals desiring to apply the Gestalt approach to a variety of clinical settings. It affords a similar foundational intensive training in Gestalt as Year One of The Five Year Training Program while including theoretical applications for the practitioner. In this way the program takes into account the previous personal growth and work in the field for therapists and counselors, trainers and facilitators, consultants and leaders who are currently practising. Gestalt theory and methods will be taught as they apply to the particular client groups and responsibility areas of the participants. This is an excellent opportunity for professionals to learn the Gestalt approach to apply to the skills and understanding within their own disciplines. Personal development is an integral part of this training.
- Gestalt approach to assessment which is assessment not of the individual but “of the situation”
- Gestalt approach to “resistance” as creative adjustment in a field with insufficient support
- Gestalt as embodied and relational
- Introduction to the Gestalt approach to the safe and effective use of self
- Creating the experiment—the therapy session as a living laboratory in which change can happen
- Clinical practice and supervision
Those who successfully complete the One Year Training Program for Professionals (130 course hours) are awarded a Certificate of Completion of the One Year Training in Gestalt Theory and Methodology and may apply to Year Two of the Training Program.
Course Schedule: Twenty Friday Mornings, October 2017–May 2018, 9:30am to 12:00 noon + Four Weekends: Friday Evenings 7:00–9:30pm, Saturdays 10:00am to 4:00pm, Sunday 10:00am–12:30pm, + One Saturday, April 8, 2017, 9:30am–6:00pm + a five-day residential held outside of Toronto June 5-10, 2018
Tuition Fee: $2,700 plus residential fee. Tuition Fee can be used as a nonrefundable tax credit.
Five-Day June Residential fee of $570 includes accommodation and all meals. Travel arrangements are the responsibility of the individual.